Had this in for a refurb this week, and it made a lovely thread!
The first thing I did was remove the hose, then unclip the hose from the hose adapter and bottom cyclone holder
A screw holds it together
Lets have a look at the pre motor filter
Undo the clip and the cover hinges upwards
This levered off its hinge
Onto the top hose holder next
One screw releases it
Another screw releases the floor tool holder
This pointless looking bit unscrews from under the hose port
Flipped over now
Post motor filter doesnt look too horrific tbh
it took me a while to work out how to get the wheels off, but in the end, a good heavy tug popped one of the clips out, then just work around and eventually the 4 heavy clips snap out and the wheel can be removed
I grabbed the other wheel and whipped it apart, had left it for fear of damage initially
Cord rewind next. One screw hides under here
The other two are blatent
This bit was quite tricky, but with lots of careful levering with a screwdriver it popped off, and the cable could be removed
The cassette is held in with a clip at the bottom
Then lifts out
As per other dysons, N to N, L to switch
The power foot button levers out
Same with the cord rewind button
The release valve hides under here, and is strangely old school yellow compared with the rest of the colours!
There is a contact plate that slots into a housing on this edge too
Remove the contact plate, remove all the screws and the top plate lifts off. One of the screws also holds the hose entry port in too
The underside of the release valve
The yellow cap levers out, held in only by its seal, and the rest follows quickly thansk to the big spring
The next stage is the motor
This seal lifts out, one of the only ones that does tbh
As does this little one
This louvre feels like it should be removeable, but is held against 3 edges, and looked a pain in the
so I left it alone!
Remove the 5 screws as shown in the seal removal picture and the motor housing falls out
4 TINY hex screws hold the motor cap on
Remove these, and lever the clear cap up. The 4 screw places are also clips, so unclip one side at a time. Eventually, you will have this
There is a handy reference arrow on the rubber mount and palstic housing for re-fitting
and another seal to remove
The motor looks like a standard affair
1300w Panasonic job
Main body done, it was on to the cyclone
This machine belongs to a dentist surgery where I used to live, so I wasn't expecting this to be pretty...
Bottom flap off, and the release rod removed. Push the tiny clip in at the top and it pulls through. I find it good to wash these and ebhind them to stop gritty operation
Both seals out of the bin bottom
Main cyclone now
Rubber seal off
Prise the clips up all the way round, and eventually it seperates. They did flex a bit, and a few obtained white stress marks but none snapped. Just go carefully, once one goes they all start to unclip
I'm not a fan of the micro way cyclones are going, asking for trouble if you ask me!
Luckily the seal assembly is as whole
The hose holder unscrews
There's 6 screws buried in here, get in there and get them out!
This also seperates the top
Cyclone release bar comes out of the middle
The top handle is held in with 1 screw, and has a random spring under it
The top part of the cyclone release drops out of the top lid
Quick look at the turbo tool
That cleaned up well enough, and I moved onto the floor tool. The wheels were locked solid...
They still didnt spin, and after wrestling/hammering the axles out I could see why!
Drop of grease upon re-assembly
I cleaned the floor tool up without stripping it down as I hate taking them apart! The whole machine was washed, dried and tonight, I commenced re-assembly
Tip top part of the cyclone release in
Middle part in
Hose clip screwed back in
Assembly pushed together
And screwed up
Tip seals on
I didn't think this bit came apart, but whilst washing it up it fell apart, must have been held together with crap!
I did try to get the dirt you can see off, but failed sadly. It's ingrained into the plastic
Snapped the bottom back on, and re-fitted the top seal
Bottom flap seal in
Flap seal in
last bit of release rod back in
Bottom flap clipped back onto the bin
And the cyclone is done!
Outer seal in
Wires tucked into the top seal
arrows lined up
top snapped in
and screwed up
Screwed back onto the chassis
Housing seal fitted
release valve back in
Middle housing fitted
Hose input fitted
cord rewind back in
Cord fed back into the guide plate, and the guide plate snapped back into the housing, which is tricky!
Base housing back in
filter back in (I did recommend new ones, but it wasn't to be...Their not too horrific tbh)
Wheels back on
Pre motor filter back in
Filter housing refitted
Looks like a vacuum now
Random bit of housing fitted
Bottom hose holder and cyclone clip fitted
Tried the turbo tool on the DC16, but it was rubbish and barely span it up!
and it's all done!
Will run it back tomorrow on the way home from work, and hopefully when they try it on saturday (dont expect them to fire it up with a dentist full of patients tbh) they will like it!
Hope it helps people out. I have to say, for a modern Dyson it was surprisingly painless and easy.