The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: I have a Dyson DC41!  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
I have a Dyson DC41!
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:23:53 am »
Hi guys
I got a Dyson DC41 Animal finally, got it for £60 with a ripped hose, no tools and a broken roller wheel in the brush housing. You probably think I'm bizzare but hey, wanted a DC41 for a while and I got bored of my DC14 Origin I had for almost a year and got it for £10. Sold it a few days ago for £50 so made £40 profit for my new 41 :)

Anyways, got it home, did a quick refurb including washing the cyclones out and the cleaner head and gave it DC25 tools. It worked lovely! Snap went the cyclone release catch when I lifted it from the handle though. I know that the DC41 was released in 2011 so they must be under warranty. Rang Dyson to find out if mine was transferable, she said I need some proof of purchase from the seller like where it was bought and a rough date. The lady seemed nice and then I found out where it was bought from the next day.

To my surprise the Dyson was bought at Currys in London in 2012- I have a southern Dyson!  ;D So rang Dyson again today, then they didn't want proof? they agreed to just give me a new cyclone and cleaner head in the post under guarantee so win! ;D I love the customer service, 5/5 stars!

I'm now awaiting of the new parts, going to ring them again tomorrow cos I forgot to ask for a toolkit, will see what happens. I do like the machine though, cleans better than the DC14 and DC25 IMHO but the plastic just flexes everywhere! Not a bad machine, I like it, almost loved it if it wasn't for that cyclone release catch. I hope my yolk assembly won't break though. It's just about half full and I only had it 2 days :)

I made a video of it lifting the kitchen mat up without the wheel thing. It's not hard to push for me, I like the power but it's a bit to steer the vacuum without it on thin carpets. It even holds itself onto the hard floor and the soleplate still has rollers! Very powerful machine. I wish Dyson just made their machines more reliable like the DC01-DC33's (Excuding DC24 lol) and the DC41 wouldn't be a bad machine. Much better than the DC40, I don't like theDC40 but I don't hate it either :P I would rather use a DC04 than a DC40.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram