The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC59 animal start and stop  (Read 8438 times)

Offline bha19

DC59 animal start and stop
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »
I just got a Dyson Dc59 animal cordless about 3 months ago, so I don't think my problem is the vacuum. The vacuum is great except that on one rug the machine won't clean because it just starts, stops, starts, stops etc... Since I am trying to pick up dog hair if I slightly lift the vacuum off the rug it works on the dog hair. I read somewhere online that if all the parts are not fully closed or connected this will happen but why is this.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC59 animal start and stop
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:07 pm »
Has this rug been an issue on any other cleaners? It could be that it jams the brushroll,  causing the machine to cut off for safety.

Is there any bleed valve to open on one of these,  on the head I presume?

If its just that one rug,  id say thats your cause.  Can the brushroll be switched off on the cordless models? If so,  does it still cut the machine out with the brushroll off?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »
I think the brushbar cuts off when jammed unless the machine is switched off and then turned on again, or there might be lack of airflow when vacuuming the rug? the new handhelds cut out when blocked I think

Offline renault567

• Restorer/Collector of vacuum cleaners
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 12:25:28 pm »
The brush will cut out if it is not kept moving on the rug. I have a deep pile rug that my dc35 stops the brush on. If you turn it on and off again it will start again. If its the whole machine cutting out it is  a cut out  that operates when  the machine is blocked and makes a pulsing sound.

So in short move the machine quickly over the rug to stop this.
Hope this helps.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration