Will bear that in mind Mvacs, thanks! I have damaged a wheel on the airmuscle head though, tore a little bit of the rubber coating off
But, before such trivial matters, Amy, the boy and eva went to bed early for the first time in ages! So I had a look at the 39
I went straight for the cyclone, as they always clog, dont they?
I'll do a full refurb thread in time, this is just a 'lets fix it' ramble, so no detailed pics here, but the cyclone is very easy.
a ring of tiny screws first
and mmm, not too bad, seen worse etc
The inner cone is held in by the cyclone tip seals
and no bucket of smeg yet
My smallest, longest driver is a size too big, so it worked, but I'll have to get my micro set out for the refurb
more screws buried in here
Falls apart even more
but still no clog
Popped the shroud off the cone for lols, it's like paper when it's off the main part
Mmmm, nothing wrong there then
Knowing that it blocked without tools but with cyclone, I looked at the main machine
Took this part off to see the hose better
That will teach me to be cocky. The miele made short work of that, and I lobbed it all back together.
And got the Air Muscle head out. I'm impressed with the tech of the thing, but my god there are dust traps. Thought I would have it apart to unclog it. The order of these pics are crap, I worked out a much better way of having it apart for next time, so treat these as a look rather than a guide...
The black part inside the top of the head, nearest to the bottom, is an air bag. The soleplate screws to it
This is what I want to get rid of for now
This is cool
there is a spring either side, quick reference shot (it is blatent where they go though)
What I think happens, is the red lever you see above controls the airflow. One of the pipes is connected to the suction path. The other to the air bag. By blowing into one tube, and moving the lever it stops the flow. I reckon on carpet, the lever is open, so the baseplate drops to the bottom. On hard floors, the lever moves somehow and it sucks the bag, raising the baseplate to reveal the brushes (judging by the amount of crap in the brushes it's a bit shite at it but I'll let it off)
This is where I worked out how it actually comes apart, this bit comes off first, which makes disconnecting the next bit easier etc. Hindsight eh?
I also peeled the battered sticker off, as I saw that Dyson sell this head for £60, and theirs hasnt got the sticker on it, and it does look smarter
These 2 parts help hold the airflow valve bit onto the head, but they keep falling out. I'll put a drop of glue on them on final reassembly, they can stay out for now, the bit they hold on seems held on enough for now
I can't wait to use it tomorrow. Normally I dont use machines to refurb as I get them refurbed and gone, and wont use them after a refurb bar a quick test. I'm not going to get round to this for a while, so I'll use it in the meantime. That's why I gave the floor tool a quick service, so it works at least, despite being bogging.
We shall see tomorrow!