The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: what to do with old DC08  (Read 4284 times)

Offline ade555

what to do with old DC08
« on: February 25, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »
Hi

I'm not sure what to do with our dc08 animal, main problem with this is that the turbine head is no longer present, everything else still there, the only thing I can think of is parts, anyone know if there is still need for them??? as the lot newer model not selling for much on auction sites now

Online beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: what to do with old DC08
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
Itll sell! Buy a used normal floor head,  clean it up and facebook it.  Or use it for the car
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal and Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:15:32 PM »
Yeah most things sell on that BookFace to be honest...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>BookFace<<<<<

Online beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 01:32:22 AM »
yep.  Chavvy McChav from local will come round,  go "oooh,  its a dysin innit"  and drop at least 35 into your aand. Jibs a goodun!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 02:02:30 AM »
DC08's are worth loads, not sure if it's either because of the suction or if it's because of the design...
Animal Dysons sell well aswell

DC08+Animal= DC08 Animal, so you will get good money! They are old though so maybe not more than 70
DC14s are tanks, just need a slightly longer motor life. Do plastic parts often break on DC14s? Nope. DC41- Sexy looking futuristic and powerful machine. Just needs a better designed cleaner head wheel and cyclone clip along with a dense metal rod in the chassis.

Offline ade555

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »
They are good, we purchased our in 2006 and I never had a problem apart from the poor design of turbine head, looking around is very common on them where the little hose inside splits and you can't get replacement.

70-- I don't think I would get that, there is few on ebay for 60 with warrant and they don't sell, I would most likely say 40-50 with turbine head

Offline ade555

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
yep.  Chavvy McChav from local will come round,  go "oooh,  its a dysin innit"  and drop at least 35 into your aand. Jibs a goodun!

Beko have you been on happy juice  :chuckle:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »
So what have you replaced the DC08 with if you don't mind me asking? ;D
DC14s are tanks, just need a slightly longer motor life. Do plastic parts often break on DC14s? Nope. DC41- Sexy looking futuristic and powerful machine. Just needs a better designed cleaner head wheel and cyclone clip along with a dense metal rod in the chassis.

Offline ade555

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 06:07:57 PM »
So what have you replaced the DC08 with if you don't mind me asking? ;D

cheap DC25, used DC25 and brand new brashbar cost me less then new turbine head for dc08, we never owned upright before so I wasn't going to part with well over 400 for new one just to try it, the DC08 served us well but newer technology like the powered brush makes a lot difference vs the turbine, I'm just surprised that the DC08 still works after 10 years ownership specially when we have long hair german shephard  and apart 1 strip down didn't touch it, DC08 is a lot heavier then dc25 but it doesn't get clogged up like the dc25, but after reading few reports I don't think I will own newer dyson then DC25 it does everything I want plus is easy to work on unless dyson will make one that will hoover the house on is own  :whist11:   

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »
Cool lol and dyson made a robot vac now!
We had a dc25 and a dc08 and I totally agree! Hate the dc08 shape its so bulky and fat but its probs dysons best cylinder

Offline ade555

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »
Cool lol and dyson made a robot vac now!
We had a dc25 and a dc08 and I totally agree! Hate the dc08 shape its so bulky and fat but its probs dysons best cylinder

Should be able to afford one in 50 years   :)) maybe

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
Lol XD America should be getting it this year, not sure about here, maybe next year

Offline RustySkull

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 10:22:15 PM »
I wouldn't want it, why would you want a robot to do one of the most enjoyable house keeping tasks?
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!

Offline ade555

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
I wouldn't want it, why would you want a robot to do one of the most enjoyable house keeping tasks?

Well for some is vacuuming house, for me let the thing clean the house while I attend to wife  :censored: this is well  :offtopic:

Offline RustySkull

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »
Lol, luckily I have enough time to attend to my Wife and Vacuum ;P
Some people attend to their Wives while Vacuuming!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

The Dyson Medic Blog

Dyson Spares, Parts, AdviceFollow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram