The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: ***WANTED*** Non clutched DC04, 07 or 14, any colour.  (Read 243 times)

Offline Elgin

***WANTED*** Non clutched DC04, 07 or 14, any colour.
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »
Hi all,
Im after a non-clutched dc04, 07 or 14 (In any colour combination) to buy
Preferably ebay links if anyone sees any in my local area (WS12)  - See I need a new brushroll and head for my dc07 origin since my head is cracked and my brushroll has a noisy bearing. (I forgot to take the bearings out before taking it for a bath :'(  :'(  :'()
My head also has a crack leading from where the brushroll house sits to the foot plate so i'd also swap that over.
The reason im after a whole machine rather than buying the parts is so I can have the parts, and sell the other machine on for a profit, leaving me with "Free" head and brushroll, what i'd do is a clutch conversion.
I could do a clutch conversion on my DC07 origin (custom turqoise, yellow and grey) but the reason I kept the origin rather than sell it is because I have found non-clutched dysons work better on carpets then clutched models (groom and pickup better) so thats why I want it non-clutched, and non converted.

Thanks all. Do post if you see any DC04, 07 or 14 on eBay in my local area (15 mile from WS12)

Online ryevac

• Trevor
Re: ***WANTED*** Non clutched DC04, 07 or 14, any colour.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:11 AM »
too far from me so unable to help, you tried the facebook selling groups in you local area ?
In my area i can pick n choose at worryingly low prices.
If it was assembled it can be disassembled - if we can't repair it then it probably isn't worth repairing !

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »
too far from me so unable to help, you tried the facebook selling groups in you local area ?
In my area i can pick n choose at worryingly low prices.
yeah ive found some dead cheap ones there.

Online Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 04:12:31 AM »
I have a DC14 Origin (mid range one with the orange cyclone and in iron) if any good? ('m literally in Brum!)
DC14s are tanks, just need a slightly longer motor life. Do plastic parts often break on DC14s? Nope. DC41- Sexy looking futuristic and powerful machine. Just needs a better designed cleaner head wheel and cyclone clip along with a dense metal rod in the chassis.

Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

The Dyson Medic Blog

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram