Sounds pretty obvious what the problem is here.
replaced filter, removed the head unit so just using it in the hand.
tested with a new battery, and a known good charger.
Checked and cleaned internal handle to battery connections, runs for 40 seconds then cuts out, release trigger and fire up again then runs for 15 seconds.
Diagnosed main unit failure, possibly motor. I think i tried to get one open a couple of years ago but it wasn't a pretty result.
Can anyone confirm they are non serviceable ?