The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC14 Hepa advice?  (Read 242 times)

Offline dannysdysons123

• i have about 12 dysons at the moment
DC14 Hepa advice?
« on: February 24, 2021, 02:32:07 PM »
I have a  dc14 that was our old vacuum before we got our dc41 mk2. We lived in a house you about 12 years and it was our second house, but in the first house and the first few years we had a dc04 de stijl but we threw it out and bought a dc14 hepa which we used for the rest of the old house and about a year in our current house, but when we got the dc41 mk2 we chucked it in the garage and never used since. We have a titan wet and dry (screw fix) which you can put a bag in and use it for D.I.Y, we are having an extension to our house, kitchen at the bottom and an extra bedroom at the top, so we will use titan to clear up at the end of the day but we were going to use the dc14 as a D.I.Y vac so we don't have to carry titan up and down the stairs. The reason we got the dc41 mk2 was because the dc14 was really loud, and i took it apart the other day and its fan was clagged up with plaster dust already and I think if I turned it on it would spark. If I buy a new motor and filters then use it for D.I.Y again and the motor goes again, ill end up having to buy 2 motors and 4 filters only to make £50 ish.

What should I do?

Online dysondestijl

Re: DC14 Hepa advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
Had you been using the DC14 without filters in place? Itís incredibly rare the fans ever clog up on those causing excess noise and vibration, itís usually the brushroll that makes them loud.
If you wash the filters regularly on the DC14 itíll probably be ok for limited DIY use, but youíll probably find itíll clog often if sucking up screws or other large debris. If you can pick up a cheap Henry, that might be a better bet.

Offline dannysdysons123

• i have about 12 dysons at the moment
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »
Had you been using the DC14 without filters in place? Itís incredibly rare the fans ever clog up on those causing excess noise and vibration, itís usually the brush roll that makes them loud.
If you wash the filters regularly on the DC14 itíll probably be ok for limited DIY use, but youíll probably find itíll clog often if sucking up screws or other large debris. If you can pick up a cheap Henry, that might be a better bet.

I was thinking about a cheap henry, I do already have one but it is basically brand new and I don't really want to ruin it. We have always used it with filters as some of my family members have asthma. Its belt is way overdue replacement as it is about 2 times bigger than a brand new one, also its brush roll is really cracked and its bearings are very dry. I stripped it to the motor and it is very hard to turn by hand, what would happen if I turned it on when the motor is hard to turn by hand?

Online dysondestijl

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:12:47 AM »
The brushroll is cracked? Thatíll be why itís mega loud then. New belt, new brushroll, (Do not buy a Non-Genuine brush- genuine all the way) and itíll be right for a few more years.

DC14 Spare Parts

FFP2 N95 Face Masks

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice†††Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram