The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Cleaning heads/pipes etc  (Read 1758 times)

Offline dyson_bob

Cleaning heads/pipes etc
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:49 AM »
We've recently managed to suck something up that has created an awful smell in the pipes of our DC05.

I want to clean the heads and the pipes and the tubes. Are these safe to run water through? I don't want to damage or rust anything.

I couldnt see anything in the manual about cleaning the pipes just the cylinder.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Online __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: Cleaning heads/pipes etc
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
We've recently managed to suck something up that has created an awful smell in the pipes of our DC05.

I want to clean the heads and the pipes and the tubes. Are these safe to run water through? I don't want to damage or rust anything.

I couldnt see anything in the manual about cleaning the pipes just the cylinder.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

There is no reason not to wash out the hose and extension pole, as long as they are left to completely dry out before using again. Leave the hose hanging up and pole propped up against something so the water can drain out for at least 24 hours  :thumbsup:

I wouldn't flush out the turbohead floor tool and the standard floor tool should be easy enough to see if it's blocked.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

The Dyson Medic Blog

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram