The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA  (Read 2662 times)

Offline mrsteve

DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA
« on: February 02, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
I have a trusty old DC-14 All-floors.  The post-motor filter is now dark grey and looks like it needs replacing.

The existing filter appears to be stuck on - presumably I need to tear it off and glue on a new one - what glue?

But can I upgrade it to a HEPA post-motor filter?  Will one fit in the same housing?  My son has been identified as having a dust mite allergy, and it might help his health in the house.  If so, I presume I need the filter plus 2 seals?

Thanks

Steve

Online __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
I have a trusty old DC-14 All-floors.  The post-motor filter is now dark grey and looks like it needs replacing.

The existing filter appears to be stuck on - presumably I need to tear it off and glue on a new one - what glue?

But can I upgrade it to a HEPA post-motor filter?  Will one fit in the same housing?  My son has been identified as having a dust mite allergy, and it might help his health in the house.  If so, I presume I need the filter plus 2 seals?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes it's a nice easy swap to a HEPA filter and seals if you prefer that - pull the old filter pad off and the HEPA filter fits straight into the same housing.

DC14 Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

The Dyson Medic Blog

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram