The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele C2 Powerline, fault  (Read 848 times)

Offline Thlef1000

Miele C2 Powerline, fault
« on: February 19, 2023, 07:54:22 pm »
Hello

I've got a broken vacuum, a Miele C2 Powerline, and am not sure how to proceed.

A few weeks ago a family member (not blaming them!) vacuumed some quite heavy dust from a largeish area, probably containing small bits of wood.

The vacuum developed a very noisy motor, and when I opened it up, the bag was ripped and there was dust everywhere. I cleaned it all up (without "deep" opening the vacuum), new filters/bag etc, and it seemed to work better with a slightly better (but still not normal) noise.

Today I tried it (after about 4 or 5 room hoovers in the past few weeks, same noise), and it wouldn't start at all. I opened it up, less mess this time, but again a ripped bag! I am using "unofficial" bags - perhaps a lesson!

Not sure what to do next. I've watched a youtube video on how to replace the motor, and I reckon I could do it, but it's not a guaranteed fix is it? Or is it almost guaranteed given what I've said. Not sure whether it's worth a £75 gamble (the price of replacement, non-official, motors I think).

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Offline macman

Re: Miele C2 Powerline, fault
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:19:08 pm »
Using copy bags is the surest way to kill a Miele motor. The motor will probably be full of crud that has gone through the bag and been ingested. I suggest you strip down the motor and check the TOC. When they overheat the leg frequently blows offf the TOC. They can be soldered back, or replaced with one off  a scrap machine. A good clean out can save the motor if the commutator has not been damaged, so nothing to lose by trying. The aftermarket motors only fit limited models and reports are that the quality is not good.
If the motor is not recoverable then I'd fit one from a scrapper.

Offline Thlef1000

Re: Miele C2 Powerline, fault
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 05:58:30 am »
Thanks macman!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram