The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Post motor filter moves with loud click  (Read 757 times)

Offline billythefish

Post motor filter moves with loud click
« on: March 18, 2023, 10:36:09 am »
Hi. The post motor filter on my DC04 will sometimes move upwards with a loud click. Air and some carbon dust then comes out from the gap below the filter.  I remove the canister and the filter has come loose. I press it down into the seat. All is good for a while then it does it again. I've ordered a new post motor filter. I don't see any rubber seal between the most motor filter housing and the main body of the DC04. Should there be one?

I should add that I bought a replacement genuine, used DC04 canister a while ago and have also noticed that it doesn't seem to be as snug against the top of the post motor filter as the old one. Could this also be the issue? many thanks

Offline macman

Re: Post motor filter moves with loud click
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 02:59:05 pm »
Possibly the filter cover is not secured fully? These are subjected to a lot of heat and the plastic can get very brittle. When removed the locking tabs often break on the DC04 and DC07, and then they don't always lock down fully, so allowing the filter to lift under exhaust air pressure.

Offline billythefish

Re: Post motor filter moves with loud click
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 10:35:20 am »
thanks. It clicks back in quite firmly. I'm thinking that this may be due to the filter needing changing but also possibly the gap between the bottom of the canister and the top of the filter cover - which seems odd. I'm fairly sure that my old canister used to fit more snugly. I would think that they are the same size though. odd.

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration