The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: The Clean World of... Eureka Forbes Euroclean 2000  (Read 1686 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
The Clean World of... Eureka Forbes Euroclean 2000
« on: August 05, 2023, 09:10:07 pm »
This was a fun cleaner to own, and a familiar one too! Welcome, to the magical world of Clean!

I just cant quite place it's shape

ila_rendered

Came with a cool bag

Let's start with the tools. The hose end unscrewed, and the rest are washed as they are

ila_rendered

The other end of the hose comes off

ila_rendered

The suction release valve comes off just like on the 1970's/80's Electrolux/Volta hose ends. It's uncanny...

ila_rendered

Unlike the Lux ones the felt sealing pad under the slider is much plusher!

ila_rendered

This wierd up high brush didnt come apart

ila_rendered

Floorhead now, again a lovely clone of the Lux flip over head going back all the way to the 1950's

ila_rendered

It's just made out of plastic, although with a nice metal base plate

ila_rendered

Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: The Clean World of... Eureka Forbes Euroclean 2000
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 09:14:38 pm »
This comes off with 2 screws

ila_rendered

Then 2 plastic support braces sit underneath

ila_rendered

Standard single pivot screw up front, but under a nice blanking cap

ila_rendered

This releases the neck, and agai na much higher quality of fabric sealing ring

ila_rendered

Onto the machine now, which yes is a clone for the Indian/that part of the world market of the Electrolux Z330 & Z345!

ila_rendered

But without some features which will make refurbing it easier!

ila_rendered

Bag open and immediately rather than a paper bag and oblong shape we see ye olde glory hole and cloth bag!

ila_rendered

The bag was quite clean, this came from another collector so it wasnt utterly hanging, the dirt was from my use more!

ila_rendered

However the plastic outer ring was showing signs of wear

ila_rendered

Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 09:20:19 pm »
Deeper we go now, and back into familiarity

ila_rendered

Almost. No rivets here, but nuts and bolts, with the aitflow being sealed by fibre washers! It was lovely and simple!

ila_rendered

With the bag door off, we can just make out the ghosting for the mount where the Automatic plunger mechanism sat on the older machines. I wonder if Eureka Forbes got hold of the original moulds from Luton and just filed stuff down?

ila_rendered

All we have is the latch and springs

ila_rendered

2 more shorter bolts, no drilling needed here and the front wheel comes off

ila_rendered

This was once someones home

ila_rendered

I carefully popped those 2 lock washers off and the top plate lifted out

ila_rendered

What happens now is the wheel and alll the ball bearings fall out! I spy signs of moisture ingress too...

ila_rendered

Again though, nice little bit of detail, the bearings run between a bushing and metal race, rather than directly on the wheel assembly like on the original Electrolux design. I'm growing to like this

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 09:27:52 pm »
Onwards! Post motor filter off, again all slightly re-designed but to within the overall existing dimensions

ila_rendered

It's so premium

ila_rendered

Back end now, and look up her holes and find the 2 screws either side

ila_rendered

Pull the back carefully off, minding the switch wires at the top. The cord reel is safe for now

ila_rendered

But not for long! I cut the OG plug off as it was cheap as heck and bendy and it's a 220v machine so I had to get an adapter for no reason at all.

ila_rendered

Rescued the cable buffer thing though

ila_rendered

We slide back into 345 normal-ness now and we'll have the cord reel apart

ila_rendered

Basically, let the cable go, and let the spring fully un-tension. Then, undo the cross bar, and the now un-tensioned master reel un-hooks from the take-up/cord reel spool

ila_rendered

The cord reel centering bar and a spring may come with it too as per the bottom right. That's fine, dont worry (yet)

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 09:33:19 pm »
Things go very fancy now with a transluscent blue cord reel brake spring assembly holder, zero else on this machine has this plastic!

ila_rendered

They must have had loads lying around at the time I guess

ila_rendered

Time to get the flex off the reel

ila_rendered

Undo the screw holding the red fibre cord clamp on

ila_rendered

Unscrew the flex from the terminals and it's got a red outer shielding on it, which is not a bad idea as they can break the cable at this point on the Lux's

ila_rendered

The rear wheels remove by popping out the inner white clamp, then they slide off and the bushings come off (all handed so it only goes back together one way, just like the originals!). Tyres are off the wheels too

ila_rendered

Onto the MASSES of wiring this machine has now

ila_rendered

Bullet connector on this black wire, just like an old Landrover!

ila_rendered

The switch comes off next, again a familiar shape

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 09:38:24 pm »
Different maker to any examples of a genuine lux switch I had though

ila_rendered

And unlike the Electrolux sourced switches it fell apart which they dont often do

ila_rendered

It was a bit iffy in use anyway

ila_rendered

And obviously arcing alot so we'll treat it to a new one later

ila_rendered

The motor holder/rear firewall comes out now, and again it's made of a much stronger palstic than the original clear ones Lux had! Far less brittle

ila_rendered

Remove the wires at the rear (Red - Live Black - Neutral iirc)

ila_rendered

Then the cord reel contacts pop out with some bending of tabs

ila_rendered

Next out is another IDENTICAL part, but made from a much nicer material than the original

ila_rendered

And finally the motor

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 09:44:59 pm »
This sticker was under here, FAL Industries!

ila_rendered

Bing's GPT seems to corrolate it

There's more stickerey joy on the motor. No idea what that means though

ila_rendered

But again, it's a fully re-designed motor, but keeping the exact physical dimensions of the OG motors!

ila_rendered

So similar I fetched an actual LUX motor for comparison (on the left)

ila_rendered

Play time over, some past bodgery was uncovered.

ila_rendered

Motor out, we'll get the rest of the trim off. Again, screws and not rivets!

ila_rendered

The front filler piece comes out when the main frame is lifted just like the original design

ila_rendered

And no hateful Automatic switch rod to contend with either 🥳🥳

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 09:49:22 pm »
The front filler bit to make the hole round came off now it wasnt being clamped in too

ila_rendered

The same big foam air diffuser was behind the fan case just like the OG ones

ila_rendered

The bottom skid plate/Hanging Hook unscrewed

ila_rendered

And we can get onto the motor!

ila_rendered

Snipped the supressor off and had the brushes out

ila_rendered

Under the brushes were the 2 long bolts holding the motor together

ila_rendered

Out comes the coil

ila_rendered

Then magically, unlike the original motor, there is a reason to tap the fancase off

ila_rendered

Because a nut and thread rather than riveting it together was used in the motors redesign! So the fans could be washed which is good as they needed it!

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 09:53:03 pm »
What was the same as the original design though was the micro cracking starting by the rivet/bolt holes... Not as bad though but qbonded straight away

ila_rendered

The pedals are held into the frame with a metal spring

ila_rendered

The motor bearings were filthy

ila_rendered

As were the fans

ila_rendered

But some brake cleaner later had them spinning as good as new!

ila_rendered

Everything else was washed, polished and laid out for the usual!

I then sloshed some bearing grease into the bearings

ila_rendered

Built the fancase back up

ila_rendered

Dropped the coil and top bearing cage on, motor spinning smooth as silk at every stage

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 09:59:04 pm »
The carbons went back together and for now the motor is done!

ila_rendered

Because trim needs to go back on first! Front metal adapter slid on

ila_rendered

Then the top frame and FIT THE PEDALS NOW as you have to! I had to strip alot back down whe nI realised I remember writing this now....

ila_rendered

But we can laugh at my stupidity as we put the foam ring back onto the motor, whose wires have been extended

ila_rendered

In it goes!

ila_rendered

Wiring up! We have the live from the cord reel going out towards the switch, then the wire from the switch coming back to the motor. Neutral to the cord reel, then a 2nd neutral going off for the LED light.

ila_rendered

We can pop open our brand new switch!

ila_rendered

And wire it in, wiring the LED Live off one side

ila_rendered

I put all the wheels back together

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 10:07:24 pm »
Back to being the same as the original design, the cord reel brake arm goes in, with its brake pads set as so with the spring sat in the notches. It all stays pretty together but has to look like this!

ila_rendered

I then wired a nicer white flex onto the reel as the one on it was horribly hard and thin, this one is much more rubbery and off an Electrolux of some sort IIRC. Then the reel drops onto the centre post, then (and this is tricky), with light pressure on the reel, push teh release rod as if you were the pedal so the brake pads close in, and slip into their bit of the cord reel. Then, DO NOT MOVE IT or itll pop out again!

ila_rendered

I didnt take good photos of this stage (but have a 330 and 345 thread to do so we can cover it there) but take the small spool of cord rewind spring, drop it onto its post and slot the connector back into the cord reel. Leave the plug off, and screw the diagonal support bar down. Using thin pliers to help the end of the cable around the housing, make 3/4 turns of the cord reel to start tensioning it. After 4/5 full rotations, push the end of the cord throuhh the hole in the wheel and make sure it cant pull itself back through whilst you pop a plug on it!

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Once you've done a few it makes more sense  :thumbsup:

ila_rendered

At this point theres a large time gap between that picture and this one, so I must have noticed I'd not put the pedals in. Luckily all I had to do was pop the motor firewall back off, undo the 4 bolts and quickly re-assemble it until we have this!

ila_rendered

Screw the back onto the main housing and check for proper operation of the cord reel

ila_rendered

Onto the front wheel now! Little foam ring refitted

ila_rendered

I then covered my balls in grease to make them stick to things

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 10:11:18 pm »
This made them stick together whilst i pushed it into the main housing, then put the backing plate on and pushed the 2 grip clips to hold it together! Buttery smooth* now

ila_rendered

Refitted to the machine

ila_rendered

The bag door took ages to re-assemble

ila_rendered

But fitted a treat! All bolts nipped up now

ila_rendered

Then for bodge 2! Some tape to make a lump in the bag inlet port

ila_rendered

Which enables a cheapo nasty pattern Miele bag with a small opening to slide on and grip nice and tightly!

ila_rendered

Yes, it will Hepaflo!  :king:

Won't be much use for anything without tools though. The red felt was even plusher now it's been washed! Took alot of slop out of this joint it did

ila_rendered

Back in

ila_rendered

Plastic spacers in

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 10:16:21 pm »
Then the base plate. I assume it would have had a dedicated hard floor brush, but I did not have this. 32mm tools though so no biggie!

ila_rendered

The hose bleed valve sealed up MUCH better now its pad had pile

ila_rendered

Hose end reassembled

ila_rendered

All tools reassembled

ila_rendered

And she's back together!

ila_rendered

The suction was pretty decent, decent enough that I could use an Airo brush on it with no bother

It came up very well indeed!

And an interesting project is written up! It's nice too as going into it I thought this would be an awful clone, cheap and nasty but actually, it has more nicer touches and better bits about it than the original designs! I sort of wish I'd kept it, and maybe put some nice older style Electrolux tools with it and had the best of both worlds, but she's been sold a while now!

Thanks for reading  :thumbsup:

Offline CountVacula

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2023, 02:46:44 am »
Beko, are the main bodies on these steel like the original Electrolux product or plastic?

Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram