All of our refurbished vacuum cleaners and Airblade hand dryers come with our no quibble, three, six or twelve month guarantee.
How Long is my Guarantee?
- Depending which product you bought, and from which venue (the best deals are always on our own site but we do occasionally use third party platforms), the guarantee is either zero, three, six or twelve months.
If you purchased a brand new Dyson product from us, then Dyson will honour that guarantee. Contact them on 0800 954 0154 from the UK. If you purchased a used or refurbished Dyson product from us, then we honour the guarantee.
If you purchased a brand new Sebo vacuum cleaner from us, then Sebo will honour that guarantee. Contact them on 01494 465533 from the UK. If you purchased a used or refurbished Sebo product from us, then we honour the guarantee.
Spare parts have different guarantees. Many new parts are covered by manufacturers warranty. Some such as PCBs, control modules and DC motors are not, as it is not possible to ascertain the expertise of the fitter, the condition of the connected parts or the usage environment (parts subject to this condition are noted on the sales page). Consumables and used parts seldom have a specific warranty due to their nature. Parts that have been abused (hammers used on motor shafts, etc.) are not covered under warranty. Our policy is often application of common sense. Talk to us with warranty questions.
What is Covered by the appliance Guarantee?
- The repair or replacement of your vacuum cleaner or Airblade if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or function within the guarantee period. Please note that the decision to repair or replace your machine is at the sole discretion of Manchester Vacs.
What is Not Covered by the appliance Guarantee? We do not guarantee the repair or replacement of a product incurred as a result of:
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, vandalism, neglect, careless operation, water ingress, or handling of the machine which is not commensurate with normal usage.
- Blocked filters: Filters are a user serviceable part. Dysons cut out when the filters are blocked (That's a design safety feature). Most people hoping to claim under the guarantee never bother to check their filters. Dysons have washable sponge filters that you MUST check before contacting us. Your Dyson doesn't like plaster dust. If your Dyson is cutting out and you have vacuumed up after having had building work done, don't call us, just wash your filter first. If you dont know how, please ask on our discussion forums. If you send us a machine back with only a blocked filter wrong, there will be a service charge to replace it.
- The guarantee is null and void on machines that have sucked up water or other liquid.
- Belts and hoses are consumable items and seldom covered under warranty. But models differ so ask us.
Terms and Conditions of the Manchester Vacs Guarantee:
- The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of guarantee and/or purchase before any work is carried out on your machine. Without this proof, any work carried out may be subject to a charge for the service. Please keep your guarantee document or receipt. If a mail-order/internet customer, date of transaction will be enough. We can trace it from that.
- All work will be carried out by Manchester Vacs unless expressly agreed otherwise.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of guarantee.
Information for Mail-Order/Internet Customers:
- If you purchased your vacuum cleaner or Airblade hand dryer by mail-order/internet from us, and are not local to our shop, this is how the guarantee affects you: Our guarantee for mail-order/internet customers is a "return to base" guarantee. This means YOU are responsible for the cost of returning your machine to us, and us sending it back again (typically £10 each way). Exception is made for any faults that develop within seven days of receipt on machines supplied to the UK mainland. In that case, we will pay carriage both ways (that does not include the UK Highlands & Islands or overseas clients).
- Mail-order/internet clients who wish to make a guarantee claim MUST speak to us on the telephone first. It is essential we understand the nature of the problem before we authorise the return of a machine. In most cases, a problem can be solved over the telephone. In most cases the problem is a blocked filter or a brushbar that is not turning -- these are easily rectified by the user and do not warrant return of the machine. Over 90% of our would-be "warranty claims" are for blocked filters, snapped belts or jammed or non-rotating brushbars. We are usually able to direct you to an article or video online that will help you solve these problems yourself quickly. Before you contact us, please review our frequently asked questions. Often the answer is there, with links to further information.
- If you are returning a machine to us by courier or Royal Mail, we suggest removing the wand and the cyclone unit to reduce shipping weight (and cost). Speak to us for the most economical method of return. We can help with that.
- If you are practically inclined, and the problem is easily repairable, we may just send you a part that you are able to fit yourself. This saves us both money in shipping costs. Speak to one of our engineers on the telephone if you feel able to repair the problem yourself.
The Plain English Version:
- Our reputation is important to us. We want people to enjoy what they buy from us and tell others about their good experience. In the unlikely event that something we are responsible for goes wrong with your Dyson or Sebo vacuum cleaner or Airblade hand dryer, you can expect us to put it right without argument, drama or unnecessary delay.
- We do not build and sell machines with the intent of having to repair them again in the future; we do our utmost to get it right the first time!